Work To Be A Better You Every Day
Lifestyles

Live Every Day To Become A Better Version Of Who You Were Yesterday

You should be your only competition.

50
woman smiling

With the age of social media and everyone constantly posting about their accomplishments, it's easy to compare yourself to other people and wonder why some people seem to be at better phases in their lives than you are.

First of all, it's very easy to deceive people on social media when you can control what aspects of your life you're showing, so don't be fooled by that.

Secondly, the only person you should be trying to be better than is yourself.

The only person whose progress you have control over is yours so don't focus on trying to one-up other people and instead focus on how to get yourself to the goal you've set for yourself. I believe that if you can make an intentional step that gets you closer to your goal every day then you're doing something right.

Just because your accomplishments are not displayed all over social media does not make them any less valid.

Aim to hustle and better yourself every single day. Your goal each day should be to be better than you were yesterday not to be better than Person A or B and this applies to every situation. Your goals should be to do better on this test than you did on the last one, to last longer on the treadmill than you did last week or to read one more chapter than you did last night. Focusing more on yourself not only allows you to stop comparing yourself to others but it also allows you to appreciate your accomplishments more because you know that there were stepping stones to a bigger goal you want to achieve. This is not to say you can't have people that you look up to, but don't consume yourself with the accomplishments of this people and forget about yours.