Sorry, Not Sorry, Your Opinion On My Body isn't wanted Here
Lifestyles

Stop telling people what they can and can't do with their bodies.

103
chicagohealthonline.com

You have the right to your own opinion, yes. But do you have the right to make someone feel like crap because of what they decided to do to their body?

No.

I am sick and tired of hearing people say "You'd look so much better with your natural hair color," or "What do you think those tattoos are going to look like when you're older?"

Colored hair, pierced faces or ears, and tattooed skin is a norm in my generation. It's time that the older generations, and any other person that agrees with them, to butt out and mind their own business. We love you, but seriously. Unless we ask for it, keep your opinion to yourself.

As someone who has a couple tattoos, I understand how it feels to be questioned and lectured about the decision to permanently mark your body. You can absolutely ask what my tattoos mean. But from then on out, you keep your mouth shut.

You don't get to tell me that my decision to get something permanently inked on my skin because I thought it was pretty was a stupid and immature idea. You don't get to ask me what I think they'll look like when I'm old, because I know. They'll be withered and wrinkled and faded, just like I will be. But I lived.

Don't you think the people that color their hair know that there may be potential damage? Don't you think they know that it'll take a while to get back to their natural color? If someone wants to dye their hair purple, you don't get to tell them that you think it'd look better brown. Change is good. You may not agree with the change, but that change may have helped them past a rough spot in their life. Don't take the fun in looking like a unicorn away from them.

News flash, the piercings come out. So what if someone pierced their lip? Or their eyebrow? Or their nose? You aren't entitled to tell them that the hole in their face makes them look trashy. I pierced my nose and I don't know how many times I was told that employers wouldn't hire me. We are all fully aware that employers might not hire. But we are also fully aware that it comes out.

Self-expression is something people are always praising and encouraging. But as soon as someone does something they don't like we are told, "No, not like that." Um, excuse me? Opinions are only welcome if they are encouraging. I'm sorry, but we don't encourage your negative attitude.