12 Reasons You Should Stay in Oxford This Summer

Going home for the summer sounds like a good idea -- until you actually get there.

20

Here are 12 reasons why you should spend your next summer in Oxford -- unless, of course, you are traveling the world. In the meantime, the rest of us will be in Oxford being bitter about your travels, but also enjoying all of the following.

1. Princess parking. Whether it is on the Square or on campus, there is truly nothing better than scoring a front row spot. Even if it is just to run in and pick up your to-go order.

2. You can knock out those hard classes you have been putting off. And, hey, you could possibly get A's in them.

3. There is less traffic. Because we all know Jackson Avenue is hell to drive down.

4. Endless pool days. Take your pick: the Hub jumbotron, the Retreat hammocks, or the Faulkner Flats oasis. I will gladly take any, as long as I am getting tan.

5. You can carpool to class. Having a three-hour long, 8 a.m. class is not so bad when you can carpool to class with your buddies.

6. There are open tables in the library. Who would've known?

7. You don't have to park commuter for once. As fun as walking miles and miles to class is, I'd rather not.

8. There are no lines. Anywhere -- not to get books, not at Starbucks, not even at South Depot.

9. You can finish checking off things from your freshman year bucket list. What better time than the summer to sneak onto the football field? I bet they won't even be expecting you.

10. There's hardly any cover at bars. Praise.

11. Sardis. Who needs a beach when you have Sardis? Close enough.

12. You will have your apartment. Is it just me, or do you wish you could transport your apartment to wherever you travel?

Now that I know I have you sold on staying in Oxford this summer, I'll see ya there!