11 Things To Love About Winter

If These 11 Things Don't Make You Love Winter, It's Definitely Your Loss

"There's snow place like home."

98

Snow. A great many of us Northerners are very well acquainted with snow. Freezing temperatures, uninhabitable roads, pushing your car up the driveway, and digging yourself out of your own house. However, it isn't new when you've lived in Michigan your entire life and the nature aspect of Michigan is actually what draws most people in (in case you didn't know).

There are parks upon parks that are straight out of Bob Ross paintings like I haven't seen before and they're even better throughout the changing seasons. While many aspects of winter make us want to hibernate, sometimes when you go out your front door and into the wilderness, you can find a bit of appreciation.

I do this often - sometimes taking pictures is what brings back the appreciation for something that otherwise is comparable to a Lego in the foot. Snow at Christmas is the greatest thing in the world, but after that, I'm over it.

But it doesn't have to be that way.

Particularly in nature, I find what the world turns into is beautiful when all of the leaves fall, and it's a perfect opportunity for a new perspective. Some don't get the chance to see snow and see the landscapes and wildlife that we're blessed with.

I took these pictures at Kensington Metropark - hopefully these can help you come around a bit to winter as we start to close out on September.

Beak-a-Boo

Tufted titmouse

Shutterup Photography

Swan Song

Swans (& babies!!)

Shutterup Photography

Nutty

Eastern gray squirrel

Shutterup Photography

Just Wing It

Red-Winged Blackbird

Shutterup Photography

Tightrope

Chipmunk

Shutterup Photography

Beak Performance

Hairy woodpecker

Shutterup Photography

A Good Egg

Swan

Shutterup Photography

Knock On Wood

Chipmunk

Shutterup Photography

A Cheep Shot

Nuthatch

Shutterup Photography

Look No Feather

Red-bellied woodpecker

Shutterup Photography

Fowl Play

Chickadee

Shutterup Photography