Take this time to research your privilege.
Listen, you can do whatever you want with your free time. It's yours to spend and you have free range. However, I hope you recognize that there are a ton of proactive things you can do right now instead of stalking your man's ex – yes, I know you do it becuase we are all guilty of it.
Take this time to research your privilege. There are always new things to learn and ways to deepen your understanding of yourself, this world, and your surroundings. We live in a multi-dimensional, ever-changing society that needs your help and your time. By that, I mean there are so many layers to each and every one of us, and with our physical, mental, spiritual, or emotional selves, we can create real, positive change.
Here are 17 things to do instead of scrolling through the ex's Instagram:
2. Sign up to volunteer at your local [fill in the blank].
7. Join or start a protest about something you care about.
8. Educate yourself on the issues various presidential candidates and government officials stand for.
Don't forget to register to vote.
13. Prepare sandwiches and hand them out to the homeless.
15. Talk to people about immigration and how it has affected them.
16. Try to meditate.
Follow Swoon on Instagram.