1. Naps are awesome.
2. Always show your loved ones just how much you love them.
3. Embrace your bad hair days. You don't have to look perfect all the time.
4. Always find time to play.
5. Become a morning person. (Others may not appreciate this development, however.)
6. Don't sweat the small stuff. You'll be happier in the long run.
7. Always stay curious. You never know what you may discover.
8. Always test your limits. You'll never grow otherwise.
9. Never underestimate the power of just being there for someone.
10. Not being nice all the time does not make you an @$$hole. Never being nice does, though.
11. Always try to make a new friend wherever you go. (Even if you do annoy them, at first.)
12. Stay unique and true to yourself. After all, "there is no one alive who is you-er than you."
13. Make sure to check out adopting a furry friend of your own.
I would love to hear your pet adoption stories in the comments below. And remember, the kindness you do for one shelter animal may not change the world, but it will change the world for that one animal.