Dear Zac Efron, Will You Come To My Graduation?

I’m graduating pretty soon and literally, all I want is for Zac Efron to attend my graduation ceremony.
94

I remember when 'High School Musical' first premiered on Disney Channel.

I was six years old and I was trying not to miss one bit of it. I was so excited, jumping up and down when it started. Before the premiere, Disney had released some songs, so I already knew a few of them. When they started singing 'Start of Something New,' I was singing along. I didn’t sit down or leave the front of the TV screen once during the premiere of 'High School Musical.' I learned the dance to 'We’re All in this Together,' and I still remember it.

I’ve loved ‘High School Musical’ since day one. The songs, the story, the dance moves, all of it has been apart of my life. When I’m mad, I listen to ‘High School Musical,’ and when I’m sad, I listen to ‘High School Musical.’

When ‘High School Musical’ ended, I thought it was the end of seeing everyone in the cast. I thought that everyone from the cast wasn’t going to have the chance to be in other movies because you were never going to be able to get away from ‘High School Musical.’ But you did, you're one of the top movie stars in the world. And I really admire you for that. You might’ve run into some troubles along the way, but you got through them and kept going. You show great perseverance, and I look up to you because of that.

Another reason I admire you is that you don’t let things you’ve been through define who you are. You don’t run away from your problems. Instead, you embrace them and try to solve them. Because of this, you have inspired me to not let anything stop me from doing what I want and to preserve through the tough times because tough times never stop coming.

You started your career singing and dancing, but you wanted to show people that you had other talents and so you grew into roles that showed you could be funny and loving. But at the end of the day, every role you have played have had one thing in common which is that each role is a role that ends up helping another character in the movie.

Because of your preservation, I have gotten good grades despite being told by people I need to work harder. I stayed in the early college program even though taking college classes at the age 14 was hard. I have tried my best to make a difference in my community by giving presents during Christmas time to families that don’t have enough money and helping the child abuse and neglect council get updating resources to help more children.

I don’t want you at my graduation because you're hot, it’s because you’ve inspired and me and others to make yourself who you want to be, not who others want you to be.

By the way, my graduation is May 31st!