Why YouTube Is So Successful

Why YouTube Is So Successful

YouTube is the future of entertainment.
2909

It’s no secret that YouTube is a continuously growing media outlet, but what about it makes it so attractive to the viewers? As an avid YouTube follower myself, I thought about why I gravitate towards this type of direct entertainment and came up with four reasonable justifications.

1. Wide Content Variety

YouTube is a video platform for the people by the people, which makes it so much easier for creators to share unique content with a large viewing audience. The simplicity of this concept has attracted millions of content creators globally which in turn has opened up a wide variety of content to the world. There is a wide plethora of viewing options, anywhere from beauty and lifestyle tips from Ingred Nilsen to comedic commentaries on sex and dating from Gaby Dunn and Alison Raskin on their rising YouTube show, "Just Between Us." YouTube has also been the preferred platform of many aspiring film creators who create nothing short of amazing pieces of cinematography. Amongst the millions of channels on YouTube, you are bound to find at least a handful of YouTubers that catch you interest.

2. Leisurely Watch-ability

Leisurely watch-ability is an important factor when it comes to entertainment. It is the ability to watch content anywhere and at anytime. YouTube embodies this leisurely watch-ability through and through. As long as a smartphone, tablet, or laptop is in hand, your favorite YouTubers and trillions of hours of watchable content is only one click away. who they are as a person.

3. It's Personable

YouTube creates a more personal relationship with its viewer with just one simple technique — acknowledging that there are viewers on the other side of the screen. Now, I’m not saying that I want Khaleesi to stop mid-scene and thank me for being part of the "Game of Thrones" family. That would just be unreasonable. The video blog layout of YouTube does give it an extra edge over mainstream media. It allows the YouTuber to connect with their audience on a deeper more personal level. It allows the viewer to know what is really going on in their favorite YouTube stars’ head, when they will put out new content, or even the behind the scenes footage of some of the video they make. It allows the viewer to learn more about their favorite YouTuber and who they are as a creator.

4. Always Something New

With the billions of channels on YouTube, you can always count on there being something new to watch. Whether it be a new video of a cat playing with yarn or a brilliant new short film by Sawyer Hartman, YouTube never fails to provide its viewers with thrilling, heartwarming, or comedic entertainment.

*Me when my favorite YouTuber puts out a new video*