You're Worth So Much More, Best Friend

You're Worth So Much More, Best Friend

Never let him tell you otherwise.
90

A girl is lucky to have a person she can rely on in her life, and I'm super lucky that I have you. You've been there for me through thick and thin, and I know we'll always be there for each other whenever things go badly for one of us. Lately, you've been having an issue with moving on from someone that hurts you. I get it, because I'm the same way and you've helped me find my way out of a number of bad situations similar to this one. I know that you think that this guy may be right for you, and I know you hear it from me every day, but again: he isn't.

He was a complete jerk. You may not have been completely fault free but you did not deserve to be lied to, led on or disrespected. Hurting my best friend is like hurting me, and I won't let this guy (or any guy) get away with it. I won't drag you back into the drama because I know it will lead to more hurt for you, but I'll certainly find a way on my own to help karma work it's magic.

You're a beautiful girl with a bright future. Don't let him dull that future of yours because he's too blinded by your light to let you shine. Go out and live your wildest dreams, and the perfect guy will come along when the time is right. I know it's easy to slip into those old habits, because just like you, I have been there. Words can't express how hard those habits are to break, and late nights lead to deep thoughts and even regrets. Please never regret doing what was best for you and being strong. I'll be here for you at 3 a.m. or first thing in the morning, and no matter how far away I might be, you can always call me. You got me through my latest heartbreak, and now I will get you through yours, whatever it takes.

You are worth so much more than someone who treats you any differently than you should be treated. Do not settle for being cheated on, played with or used. You should not ever let yourself be an option, if you're not his first priority, he should not be yours. I know that it hurts, and it hurts me to see you hurting. I also know that it takes a while to heal, but I'll be here for you until and after you finally do.

There is no one more deserving of a loyal, respectful, successful guy than you are. Please do not forget that. You will end up kissing many frogs before finding the prince. Don't settle for an amphibian when you can end up with royalty. Be sure that you put yourself first for a while and don't rush back into a relationship until you're ready. Have some time to figure yourself out and just breathe. You need to see how amazing you are. I know that he may have changed the way you view yourself, but I'll always be here to remind you that you're special.

I love you best friend, more than you'll ever know. You deserve someone who loves you as much as I do (if that's even possible...), so please stop settling for less than you deserve. Never forget that you are worth so much more, and you will find it one day. And until you do, I'll be here for every girls night and venting session that I can, I'll help you through this. We may have to watch about 100 romantic comedies or sing a ton of loud rap songs together, but eventually you'll get there. In the end, the only one with sadness and regret will be the loser who was not good enough for you in the first place.