Should CBD Become a Part of Your Mental Wellness Routine?
News

Peace of mind is something we all crave, but it eluded many of us. The statistics themselves are, quite frankly, discouraging

91

One in five U.S adults struggles with some form of mental illness. According to the WHO (World Health Organization), one in 13 individuals worldwide live with anxiety disorder, making it the most common mental health disorder worldwide. For those facing this problem, finding a safe method for managing symptoms is a critical concern.

Fast-acting anti-anxiety medication, like Valium and Xanax, may offer immediate relief but can become addictive. On the other side, long-range anxiety medications, like Prozac, may help lessen symptoms over time, however they aren't as effective for everyone.

While more specific research needs to be done, there's mounting evidence implying that cannabidiol, also known as CBD, can play an effective role in tackling mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, stress, mood swings, psychosis, PTSD, and feelings of isolation.

How Does CBD Improve Emotional Wellness?

In a world where mental illness is pretty much at its peak, the importance of knowing how to manage the likes of depression and anxiety, and even how to boost emotional wellness, is more critical than ever. There is a wide range of medications available that promise to improve mental health, but truth be told, such medications are often non-natural and do not work for everyone.

Fortunately, the unique aspect of cannabidiol is that it is completely natural, from where it is sourced from, the reactions it causes in the body and how it makes people feel. Its traits make it ideal for individuals who are looking to treat mental illness or better emotional health as natural as possible.

To learn how CBD works to improve emotional wellness, we must first understand how it links with our system when consumed. We all have a system of cannabinoid receptors situated throughout our bodies- making up something known as the endocannabinoid system.

The ECS is meant to control many different bodily functions, from the mood to the immune system, the ability to face stress, pain sensations and memory.

When ingesting CBD Oil, our endocannabinoid system comes into contact with it, positively altering the receptors to work more favourable for the body. Looking more closely at the effects of CBD on emotional wellness, the compound can easily cause CBD receptors to aid relaxation, improve mood, alleviating symptoms of depression and anxiety, as well as promoting sleep- all important for good mental health.

Although most studies regarding cannabidiol and mental illness focus on depression and anxiety, research on rodents has shown that CBD could hinder the formation of specific and generalized fear memories.

CBD Can Be a Part of a Balanced Approach to Coping with Mental Health Issues

While cannabidiol shows promise in helping us reach emotional well-being, it's imperative to remember that it isn't a cure-all but an important tool in a well-balanced approach.

Experts remind us not to simply take supplements for anxiety, but rather making lifestyle and dietary changes, and adopting as many stress-relieving therapies and rituals to bring full healing to our bodies.

As when purchasing any type of CBD, make sure you always check reviews beforehand – CBD can be fairly costly, so you want to make sure you're getting the most out of that money by choosing a product with a guaranteed success rate.