When It Comes To Love, Listen To Your Intuition

Your intuition has your back in love.

1608
Photo by Saiarchana

Love is one of the most beautiful gifts you could ever give to yourself. And, being able to share this beautiful energy with another is also one of the most beautiful gifts you could give to yourself.

Romance is indeed beautiful. But, it can also be one of the most painful experiences you could ever put yourself through.

How?

When you're with someone your soul doesn't resonate with.

Your soul knows what actions and people are right for you. And it speaks to you through your intuition. Yes, your intuition. That little voice in your head that truly wants what is good for your soul. What your intuition is guiding you to do can be very different from what your mind desires as instant gratification. Being with someone in the present moment, just to avoid that feeling of being alone and single, may feel satisfying at THAT moment. But, if that person doesn't truly resonate with your intuition, it will feel off. Trust me. I know.

That feeling… when you're with someone that doesn't feel quite right, but you still stay... it's one of the most unsettling feelings in the world. It's incredibly shaking to ignore the callings of your soul for someone who isn't quite right for you.

For, if you're with someone who doesn't feel right, then you are preventing yourself from finding and being with someone who does feel right.

If you are realizing that you are with someone who doesn't feel quite right, I'm sincerely asking you to look at your relationship. There is more to love than this. I promise. True love is when you're with someone who feels right, not almost right. I know a part of you is hurting by staying in a relationship that doesn't feel right. And a part of you feels afraid to leave. In this situation, it hurts to stay, but it also hurts to leave. If the person you are with doesn't resonate with your soul, I am sincerely asking you to leave. I know it's going to hurt to leave right now, but in the long run, it'll be one of the best decisions you could ever make for yourself. Your intuition is truly looking out for you, even though following it may feel terrifying at the moment.

Calling on my own personal experience, I was in a relationship that my soul didn't resonate with. My intuition kept on telling me that I was settling, not because the person I was with was a terrible person, but because I deserved a better fit for me - someone who felt right, not almost right. But, I kept on ignoring my intuition, until I lost myself in a relationship that felt incredibly wrong to me. The person I was with fit all the checkmarks my mind wanted in a guy, but my soul never felt right with having him as a partner. Yet, I chose to ignore my intuition's guidance.

For, in front of me was a boy telling me he wanted to love me. Even though it didn't feel quite right, I wanted it to, so I stayed. And staying when I wanted to leave was one of the most painful experiences my heart could feel. It left me doubting love itself, and if love was even real. When the relationship ended, I felt intense betrayal. Not only from the boy who had cheated on me but betrayal from myself. For, my intuition knew he wasn't truly right for me, yet I consciously chose to ignore it instead of listening to my wise, inner guidance which knew he wasn't truly invested in me.

Your intuition knows who is good for you. But, when you ignore it, you are settling for something that isn't truly love. You can never find your true love by ignoring the signs of your intuition.

So, ask yourself, do you want true love? Truly? Then follow the guidance of your intuition. All it wants is what is good for you, not only at this moment but in the long run. I promise it'll be worth it.

You deserve a love that feels right, not almost right.