4 Popular Reasons For Not Voting, And Why They're ​Irrelevant

It's 2020, and the bottom line is simple.

There's literally no conceivable or justifiable excuse as to why each citizen of the United States should not vote.

There is so much wrong with America right now. It doesn't matter what side you're on, which party you support, or who you want to be the next President of the United States. There is no denying that America is in danger. We are being torn apart by racism, environmental ignorance, and inequality.

We're supposed to be the greatest country in the world, yet we can't even stop fighting each other. This country is in desperate need of reform, and the only way to achieve that is by voting for a leader who cares about these issues and will actually do something about it. We need someone who will fight for equality in every aspect among the people - someone who cares about healing the Earth and its people.

The only way to get that someone is by voting them into office in the upcoming 2020 presidential election, rather than using these irrelevant excuses.

"I'm not interested."

If you're not interested, you need to get interested. Politics isn't the most exciting topic in the world, but it's necessary. You have the ability to elect a leader who holds the power to change your future, as well as the futures of millions of others.

Many politicians don't actually care about you or doing things for your good, which is why it's important that you vote for one who does care. Even if you don't care about yourself, think about which candidate would make life better for those closest to you, and vote for them. Don't be selfish.

"I don't know enough about the candidates to choose a side."

It is 2020. You have a world of information in your pocket. All you have to do is Google the candidates and pick one whose ideals are closest to your own. If you use not knowing as an excuse, you're ignorant.

It takes about 5 seconds to pull up a list of candidates for the next upcoming election, and then you decide how much time to put into researching each one. And all you have to do to find out if they're a good fit for you is search "Candidate X's stance on X World Issue" and whichever candidate ends up with the most similar ideologies to your own.. well, that's who you should vote for. It's that easy. Don't be ignorant.

"I'm too busy."

Nobody is too busy to ensure a good future for themselves and their loved ones. There are so many different accommodations for busy people when it comes to voting.

You can vote online, in person, or by mail. It doesn't take long to do, but the effects can be felt for years after the fact. It takes, on average, around 20 minutes to fill out a ballot. There's no way that you don't have 20 minutes in your day to get it done. Don't be lazy.

"My vote won't make a difference."

YES IT WILL!! Studies show that a whopping 36% of Americans are afraid that their vote doesn't matter. That's a lot of people. Now imagine if those 36% put their fears aside and voted anyways. That number of people could drastically change the outcome of an election, for the better!!

Every single vote matters, and if you believe otherwise, you're hurting yourself. Don't be afraid.

Every vote counts. Don't be selfish, ignorant, lazy, or afraid. Get out there and vote.