"Back to hospital now!" is what I yelled as I stomped my foot on the ground. I was maybe two or three years old but this memory (also captured in a photo) serves as evidence that I wanted my younger brother to be brought back to the hospital after a few weeks of being born. I was sick of him already, stealing my spotlight and all.

Fast forward to almost twenty years later, and the tables have turned. He has become my best friend and I would not want anyone else by my side, sharing my spotlight.

1. Thank you for teaching me how to have fun (mainly making fun of you).

Part of your role as my younger brother is to let me make fun of you whenever I want. Thanks for letting me, because you have no idea how much I laugh at funny photos of you doing something embarrassing, like falling into a bush on a bicycle or flipping over a fence at Legoland. Thanks for teaching me how to have fun and make family memories that I will cherish forever.

2. Thank you for teaching me how boys operate.

Seriously, if I didn't have you to teach me and show me how boys work (i.e. NOT replying to texts or CONSTANTLY eating and sleeping), I might be the most frustrated girl on the planet. But thanks to you, I cut guys some slack.

3. Thank you for teaching me video games.

Yeah, I wanted to see what the hype was all about too. It turns out I might be the world's worst Fortnite player but hey, thank you for playing with me and being patient as I learned to drink the minis first, before the chug jug. At least I am decent on the Wii.

4. Thank you for teaching me how to laugh at myself.

Those that know me, know that I can be very hard on myself at times. Thanks to you making fun of me, but also making me laugh, I can learn to laugh at myself too and not take everything so seriously.

5. Thank you for teaching me how to be more relaxed and down-to-earth.

Not only can I be hard on myself, but I can also be very high-strung. With your easy-going personality, I can learn to chill, rely on God, and realize everything falls into place. You, on the other hand, could probably learn from me and get on top of things (i.e. Falling asleep on your homework, while listening to "Shoota" by Playboi Carti, probably isn't the most productive you could be).

6. Thank you for teaching me what good music is, and liking the same songs/artists as me.

On that note, we do enjoy the same music which makes car rides a whole lot easier. Thank you for bonding with me over the fact that Gunna, Lil Baby, Travis Scott, J. Cole, and Migos are some of the best artists out there. At the same time, Taylor Swift isn't that bad either. ;)

7. Thank you for teaching me trust (this includes gossiping with me/letting me vent).

I really can't trust anyone else, but I know I can trust you if I tell you anything or vent to you about someone. Thanks for listening to me and giving me advice, even though it isn't always what I want to hear.

8. Thank you for teaching me how to argue.

When we fight, we both turn into lawyers. Thanks for teaching me how to best argue when I KNOW (not think, KNOW) you are wrong. This will be useful for the future!

9. Thank you for teaching me basketball/working out with me.

I am so incredibly proud of you and excited to watch your college basketball career take off. Thank you for sharing the passion of fitness with me, working out and teaching me how to hoop (because we all know I ain't gettin buckets on my own).

10. Thank you for teaching me patience and answering my calls/facetimes.

It is hard to be away from home at college sometimes, so thank you for picking up when I want to talk. Thank you for being patient with me, listening to me, and just being there when I need you most. I love seeing your egg-head on Facetime, so thanks for bringing a smile to my face.

11. Thank you for teaching me what it means to be the best brother ever.

You are my best friend and number one supporter (most of the time, anyway). I am grateful to God for you and am excited for your bright future. Just know that whatever spotlight you are in, I will be there too since you took part of mine 17 years ago.