Young People These Days...

Young People These Days...

The sky is the limit.

392
Young People These Days...
Sophie Rowe

Growing up is not for wimps. And getting old is a bitch. Everybody goes down on a hard path, it's just a part of our lives, whether we like it or not. However, there is a stage in everybody's life of being "topdog;" life finally goes our way, the sky is the limit, and no one can stop you because you decided that. While it's important to be confident and to love yourself, that doesn't mean that your not learning more about the world and things are perfect.

These days, being young is just awesome. The world is your oyster and choosing your poison (alcohol and/or drugs) could have not been more fun. Your opinion is important, like everybody else's, but yours is special because your are a unique, beautiful, and wonderful. I really do mean these words, they are not sarcastic; people do have a way to shine, within or outside themselves. Although, the other side to this coin is that people can be ignorant of these qualities and are obnoxious simply because they are very aware of these qualities. These types of people are known to have large egos.

Being young, people may forget to listen to others. They have their lives ahead of them, there is no time to think about what other people's successes or life stories are, heck, even romantic relationships are out of the question. There are plans and a future that they imagine themselves in, in five years after going to University, friends will be forgotten and no one will bother to even have a phone call. Life is too short to care. Although, there are good people out there, because life is too short to not care. A call every once in a while never hurt nobody. You and your friends are simply busy living your new lifesytles. Having a romantic realtionship is possible, with time and effort you can be happy with that special person your with. In the passing years, you develope a life story of success; through friendship, love, and compassion, because you cared.

The problems that young people have may make them seem like the center of attention. That's not the case, I mean, who wants to stay bottled up in their worries? Going to close friends for comfort and advice is a way to feel more secure. People also wish to do the best they can for themselves and possibly for other people. While it may not exactly be to every person they see in thier lives, it would be towards the group of people they know and feel comfortable with.

In the vast world we live in, we are always learing. While young, there is peak of learning about oneself and finding a place in the world. Being a unique individual is a critical part of growing up and being the kind of person you want to be. There is a plateau at the top of the peak and you may not be sure in which way to go, up or down in your life. But in time, going up is the answer because going forward is the best answer. The sky is the limit and you know yourself better than anyone.