Having great friends in your life make living it so much better. All my friendships have always been in my top priorities. Ever since I was in middle school, I was surrounded by a great group of girl friends, and I have had my best friend since I was two. I have always felt so lucky to have such a great group of friends to rely on and to have fun with. Having the same group of friends for so long has taught me so much on what real friendships are. Knowing that I can rely on them no matter where I am or what's going on is so amazing.

When I went to college three years ago, I was terrified to go to a new place and have to start over and find new friends. My very best friend was only going to be 30 minutes away, but I was still so nervous to find my group. I was so worried that I wouldn't find another group of friends as good as my girl friends back at home. Luckily, I was fortunate enough to find those people, my people. It's so comforting to have people I view as my family after only three years of knowing them. There is something about college friendships that gives you such a sense of comfort in such a short amount of time. In college, there are so many different types of people, yet so many people who are so relatable, and I think that's what makes finding new friends so fun.

Having these two worlds combine is so fun, and sharing stories with each of the different friend groups has made each friendships closer. Knowing that your two best friends can also be friends is like finding two four leaf clovers. I've been lucky enough to be able to share my college experience with my old friends and with my new friends. Two of my hometown friends also go to school with me, so that definitely eases my mind and helps me feel more at home at school. Knowing that you have a little piece of home right there with you at school makes it more fun anyways. It has always been hard for me to leave my home at the end of summer and to leave my friends, but knowing that I have just as great of friendships at school makes leaving easier.