8 Reasons Why You Should Have A Pet In College

If your living situation allows, here are some reasons why you should really consider getting a pet while in school!
65

If you are able to, you should really have a pet while you're in college. Here's why:

1. They will ALWAYS be excited to see you when you come home.

It doesn't matter if you were gone for a 50 minute class or a night out with friends, when you walk through the door, they will act like you've been gone for years. Drunk or sober, cuddles and slobbery kisses are the best way to come home.

2. They will never ditch on plans.

Friends flaking on plans is something that happens both in and out of college. But most of us know that its especially prominent with those aged 18-24. Your pet will always be down for you and only you. They will never call and say they're sick but have a picture at the bar on snapchat.

3. They will always think you're the most beautiful person ever.

College life is the rough life and sometimes hygiene falls to the bottom of the priority list. You all know what I'm talking about! It's the middle of midterm week and you have 2 papers and a 100 question final due at 8am, you know you're not about to shower. But your pet will still look at you with dilated pupils like you are an angel! They won't care that you haven't brushed your teeth or put on deodorant, they think you're perfect!

4. Best friends come and go, they're here to stay.

While you're in college you will see people practically run in and out of your life. They will mean so much to you but only be around for a short period of time. Your pet isn't going anywhere any time soon. They aren't going to get a boyfriend and stop speaking to you.

5. They will support you in all that you do.

You want to stay in bed and watch Netflix all day? They're cool with that. Want to take 10 power naps through out the day? They'll sleep right there beside you. Need to pull an all-nighter for the final you have in the morning? They'll be by your side the whole night. They're your biggest fans!

6. They make you active!

If you're not used to seeing sunlight before noon, a pet-mainly a dog-will change this. Whether it is going on walks or just going to the bathroom, you pet will make you go outside. THIS IS A GOOD THING! It is important for the both of you to be active! Not many college kids understand this but I promise you'll see a difference in your(and your pet's) mental and physical health!

7. They are amazing stress relievers.

Fail an exam? Get in a fight with your girlfriend? I promise nothing will heal you like some love from your fur baby. And they won't ask annoying questions or give you bad advice either!

8. They're the perfect friend.

Whether it's eating cereal at 2:00am or crying over a boy all night, you'll never hear them complain. They'll never judge you. They are always there to listen. They are the perfect friend because you can hang out all day long and never get tired of each other!

Although I am biased towards dogs, it can be a cat, bunny, bird, or even a ferret! Whoever they are, they really will make the best(and worst) years of your life even better! After all, animals are better than people!