You Need To Find What Sets Your Soul On Fire And Do Lots Of It

Even if you get a few sunburns along the way.

46

Merriam Webster defines "passion" as " a strong liking or desire for or devotion to some activity, object, or concept." I personally believe it to be whatever sets your entire soul on fire. Now, what does that even mean? These soul-fire setting things are the ones that you cannot talk about without smiling. These things are pure bliss. They are the ones that make you want to get out of bed in the morning and keep you up at night. I'm not saying that you live for your passion, but having a passion does make life worth living just a little bit more.

I know that this is starting to sound like I'm describing a person, but I am not. A person cannot be your passion. Please let that be known. Things that you are passionate about are ones that you can enjoy in solitude but allow the company of someone else occasionally.

Personally, I feel the most alive when I'm listening to live music. I know from the population of Austin City Limits, I'm not the only one. ACL is a unique festival where the possibilities are endless, and the music is non-stop. It's so versatile, and there is an opportunity for everyone to go somewhere that they feel the most alive. There is nothing like the feeling of the vibrations of the speakers pulsing through your body. It's almost like I spend most of my days alive, but not truly living. Through live music, I'm able to live my life in a way that is so freeing. Everyone is at the same place- but all having completely different experiences, and I think that there is something so magical about that.

So, if you're still reading this, just know that my main message is not "go to concerts!!", but instead, it is "find the thing that makes you feel the most alive".

This life is much too short to be floating through a mediocre space that doesn't fill you with joy.

Find your thing. If you don't have one, this is a call to try new things! And just know that if you had a thing but it doesn't bring you joy anymore, it's totally okay to change! Throughout this life, you will find many passions and each one will serve you in the right way at the perfect time.