You Need To Calm Down Lyrics To Live By

8 Lyrics From Taylor Swift's 'You Need To Calm Down' That Will Infuse Your Instagram With Strong Female Empowerment

Let this girl-power ballad spark your insta-piration for your next post.

578

If you've ever experienced cyber-bullying, or if you ever feel caught up in our over-critical society, Tay Swift's new song "You Need To Come Down" is the song for you. While we live in a world with free speech, and especially as a journalist I am all for that, sometimes its best to think before you speak - or tweet. We should all try to be understanding and kind no matter what the circumstance, even if it means not clicking send on some Twitter rants. These lyrics are a friendly reminder to stay calm and focus on what's important.

1. "Say it in the street, that's a knock-out. But you say it in a tweet, that's a cop out."

If this isn't the call-out message of the year on cyber-bullying (in song, at least), I don't know what is.

2. "But I've learned a lesson that stressin' and obsessin' about somebody else is no fun."

We all need to remember at times that getting mixed up in drama isn't fruitful for our lives or growth.

3. "Like can you not step on my gown? You need to calm down."

Don't let the haters control you or stop you from living, just tell those voices to calm down.

4. "Why are you mad when you could be glad?"

Focusing on hate or being critical can be exhausting, and it's better to focus on the good things.

5. "Sunshine on the street at the parade, but you would rather be in the dark ages."

Show people that going into the light is so much easier than they realize when they are stuck in a drama-cloud.

6. "You just need to take several seats and then try to restore the peace."

Instead of trying to have the last word in every fight, try to be the peace-maker instead.

7. "Control your urges to scream about all the people that you hate."

Hate never made the world go 'round. Hate was never what Jesus spoke about. And some things just aren't worth using energy to yell at.

8. "But we all know now we all got crowns."

Don't be afraid to show that you are a princess and no one can take your crown.

This song is not just a collection of Insta-quotes, but also a call-out for all of us to live better lives, to remain a positive and uplifting human in this cancel culture world. By no means should we remain silent on important issues or let people get away with bad things, but we can choose to not get mixed up in petty drama that won't matter in a week. Let's agree to be kind to one another.