15 Signs You're From Colorado, Other Than Owning An Outback

15 Signs You Know You're From Colorado, Other Than Owning An Outback

The outback is the official car of the state

765

If you're a true Coloradan, you'll know it if...

You remember playing on this as a kid

Sam Talks About Shopping

This has now been replaced, but man, THOSE WERE THE DAYS. Cherry Creek Mall will never be the same...

You probably went here with your school at some point...

YAC

This takes me back down memory lane. The first time I went was in fifth grade with my school and I was a DJ (my class probably got sick of Selena Gomez that day...). I loved it so much, I went back for a summer camp and I was the mayor. You could say I'm kind of a big deal.

You know all about this place and probably have been here AT LEAST once

Casa Bonita es muy bueno en mi boca. | Ian Collins | Flickr

I have only been here a couple of times. Subpar food, cool cliff divers, and my best memory is collecting a ton of Tootsie Rolls.

You know the donut place to hit up is Voodoo Doughnuts

Voodoo donuts in boxPhoto by Jae Park on Unsplash

Back in the day they only accepted cash, but now they take card! This is THE place to hit up if you're ever on or around Colfax.

You know the most popular car in Colorado is hands down the Subaru Outback

gray suv on brown field during daytimePhoto by Jacob Rubich on Unsplash

You have to agree, this car is arguably the most popular car in Colorado. My husband, who's from Nebraska, even got one after he lived here for a little while (and I hate it).

You know who this guy is

Sam En Croute

ROBO MIKE! You definitely have seen this legend hanging around 16th Street Mall at least once in your life.

Your favorite concert venue is Red Rocks

File:Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Colorado 4.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

Red Rocks is the most dreamy, amazing concert venue I've been to. I've seen OneRepublic, 21 Pilots, G-Eazy, and so many other artists here. Literally the best venue ever.

You probably sing "Boulder" in 'Closer' by The Chainsmokers a little louder than the rest of the song

aerial view of city near mountain during daytimePhoto by Jie Wang on Unsplash

I mean, duh. How can you NOT sing this line a little louder than the others? You should hear how excited college students in our state sing this when they're drunk at a party...it's LOUD.

You know all about the Denver Airport conspiracy theories

File:Denver International Airport Main Terminal early morning.jpg ...

Secret bunkers. Strangely placed runways. New World Order. Must I say more?

...and you know the story behind Blucifer

Blucifer at the Denver International Airport | Follow me on … | Flickr

I can't shake the goosebumps this dude gives me when I see his red eyes glaring whenever I pass him going to the airport. He has literally killed someone...like WHAT?!

You always know which way is west thanks to the mountains

Denver,colorado,mountains,city,urban - free image from needpix.com

If you're ever lost, no fear. Just look for the mountains and you know you're headed west.

You know not to travel through DTC during rush hour

Denver Tech Center, Greenwood Village, Colorado | Denver Tec… | Flickr

DON'T. DO. IT. I-25 becomes a literal parking lot during rush hour. Take the normal roads, but be aware those will be busy too.

You have a preference when it comes to whether you want to listen to 95.7 or 107.5

95.7 The Party

I'm definitely a 95.7 The Party type of gal, but everyone has a preference between the two! Also side note: I was in the room during this interview with Madison Beer (pictured above).

You get really into the race between these 3 at Colorado Rockies games

Twitter

Everyone gets hyped when these three roll up on the field. Also, GO TOOTHPASTE.

Go Rockies!

You usually pick a side when the Rocky Mountain Showdown game happens every year

Wikimedia

As a previous CU Boulder student...all I'll say is IT SUCKS TO BE A CSU RAAAAM!

Boulder always takes this one...give it up already CSU.

Sko buffs.