It Is Okay To Not Know

It Is Okay To Not Know

We don't need to have an answer to everything right this second.

11
It Is Okay To Not Know

Right now, I am at a place in my life where there are a lot of questions left unanswered, and things that I have yet to figure out. Academically, I am in-between Minors. I don't know exactly what I want to do or where I want to be when I get out of school. I am not 100% sure which path I want to take out of those presented to me. All I know is what I am passionate about. And that's okay.

In terms of my life outside of college, there are several decisions for me to be making that I don't have a clear-cut answer to right now. And that's okay.

I want this to serve as comfort for anyone else who might find themselves in a similar situation at this time, or in the days or months to come. You don't need to have an answer for everything right now.

I think a lot of times, we get stuck in a mindset that leads us to believe this is all a race. A race to fall in love first, or a race to get a job first, or to know what you want to do first, or a race to just.... get there first.

Rarely do we stop and take the time to consider what that "there" even is. Where are we racing to? What are we running towards?

And why?

What is the point of making meaningful connections and doing meaningful things if we are only going to rush through them in an effort to be the first person done?

We need to become more mindful of our present, and we need to appreciate it. Every single one of us is so lucky to be living in this moment, on this day, every day. Isn't it about time we realized this?

Life is not a race. It never was. It only becomes this when we identify it as such- so why are we doing this?

You don't need to be the first one to be done with x, y, or z. You don't need to "win the race" in order to be taken seriously. Focus on the present, and do what you can to make the situation you are in right here, right now, the best it can be at this time. Focus on the present and the steps you can take each day, one day at a time.

It is okay to not know where you're going. Just go.