I'm sure everyone has heard it tens, if not hundreds, of times already: avoiding your problems won't make them go away. I'm equally as sure that most everyone has believed that the solution to at least one problem in their lives was to just avoid it, act like it's not actually happening, or, better yet, to keep moving forward without looking back.

It's OK to look back. that's how we learn from our mistakes; we tackle them head-on.

The best part about tackling your problems head-on once is that you never have to face that demon again. Here's the catch, though: acknowledging them doesn't count as facing them. Being aware that whatever's happened, happened is one thing but to reflect on the entire problem or situation is a completely different story.

Recently, a lot has been going on in my life. Many things have changed within me and around me over the past several months. It was quite the problematic roller coaster, and I was genuinely convinced that there was nothing I could do about it because most everything that was happening was out of my control. I chose to avoid most everything and everyone, and act like nothing was happening. I thought it would be better that way.

Boy, was I wrong.

Things did not start getting better until I actually decided to keep moving forward AFTER I accepted the fact that the only person's actions I can control is my own. Ever since then, things have been looking up for me so much. I "fixed" my problems by accepting them. I accepted that things happen, and they don't always happen for a reason, but that there is always something to learn or do in light of the situation.