You Are Wonderfully Beautiful

You Are Wonderfully Beautiful

Don't give the world the power of defining who you are.

267
You Are Wonderfully Beautiful
Becca Catoe

With so many things in this world bombarding us and shouting at us, it can be easy to begin to listen to the voices of the world instead of the voice of the creator of the world. It’s easy to feel like we don’t measure up, like we’re not enough, but oh sweet friend that simply is not the case. Please take a minute to read this, let your heart soak up these words and believe these truths. Allow God’s still small voice to whisper in your ear and remind you that you are his, you are loved and you are enough.

My Sweet Darling Daughter,

I have perfectly crafted you. You are my masterpiece, something that can never be recreated or improved. You are filled with unique talents and personality traits and I have intricately woven each part of you. You are worthy, beautiful, valued and enough, simply because you are my beloved daughter. Stop comparing yourself to others, stop wishing you were different, stop seeking your validation and approval in others. Is not my complete approval and delight in you enough my child? What else are you craving? Why does their validation matter more than mine, the creator of the universe the king of the nations?

Don’t give them the power of defining who you are or of being the ones who get to rank your worth. They are all simply humans just like you and they do not have authority to ascribe worth and value to the beautiful work of art that I have created.

You are unique and one-of a kind. Embrace all of the details of yourself whether that be your crazy, untamable mane or your thin pin-straight hair, your sweet ability to listen or your boldness in taking action, your freckles that speckle your nose or your teeth that you wish didn’t have such a big gap in the middle, your belly laugh that makes you snort or your make-up that you feel like you can never get quite right, your love to dress up or preference to rock the t-shirt and baseball cap. All of these traits were specifically hand-picked and uniquely hand-woven together to make you my love, and I only create wonderfully beautiful things.

I handcrafted you and I make no mistakes. You are absolutely ravishing and without blemish and I love and cherish you, sweet girl. Even when the world may not see your worth, I do, my child, and they cannot change who you are or how worthy, loved and valued you are.

I love you with a ravishing, unrelenting, faithful, never-ending, unconditional love that you will never be able to fathom. For you are mine, a daughter of the Most-High God, beautifully and wonderfully made, created by the King of Kings, loved by the Lord of Lords, precious, powerful, His!

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs." -Zephaniah 3:17