This week, I've had family members and friends deal with pretty severe bouts of anxiety.
They described anxiety as: the feeling of being deeply trapped and hopeless, thinking that there was no way out of the dark pit that continuously grew in their mind.
When I sat to talk with them about how they overcame their anxiety, they had this to say:
- Keep reminding yourself that God will provide a solution, even if there seems like there's no way things can improve. He will provide a solution.
- Stop looking inward. Look upward and outward. Reach out to people and just listen to what they have to say.
- Find things that you love doing that exercise your creativity and get your mind off your problems.
- Listen to uplifting messages about God’s Grace and God’s Love for you.
- Remember the little victories, don't dwell on failure.
- Find a healthy, positive, and uplifting community and be intentional about meeting up with them, even if you don't feel like it all the time. Do things together that build you up as a person.
- Find something to watch or do that makes you laugh!
- Breathe in, breathe out. When you’re breathing in, think of all the good things God is doing for you and the peace that He gives you, then when you breathe out, imagine that you’re exhaling out all the negativity that’s been built up within you.
You are a victor in Christ, who died to set you free from all chains. Anxiety has no power over you!