Hannah B: The Best Bachelorette Yet

Hannah B: The Best Bachelorette Yet

Thank you for your unrivaled authenticity.

194
Instagram.com @alabamahannah

This year's bachelorette, Hannah has had a drama filled season full of fights, steamy dates, and of course, Tyler C. Lots and lots of Tyler C. The way in which she has delt with the high stress and public pressure of finding love on reality TV has been admirable to say the least. She has relied heavily on her personal values without compromising any of her values or firecracker personality throughout the process. This is not something that can be said of many previous bachelorettes.

This season of The Bachelorette has been sooo refreshing thanks to the unrivaled authenticity displayed by Hannah. From her failed "Roll Tide" toast on Colton's season to her fashion forward outfits, she is unapologetically herself and serves as an example to women. She's a quirky fashion queen who stays close to her southern roots and lives her life through faith. The raw emotions and complete honestly shared by Hannah has helped the show gain more credibility among critics and has attracted a larger audience. In addition, Hannah's authenticity is combatting the stereotype of previous bachelorettes who are often viewed as attention seekers or "pot stirrers."

Alabama Hannah has addressed all of the inevitable problems that come with one woman dating 22 eligible bachelors with poise while maintaining the utmost respect for herself. She is a strong woman who knows what she wants, what she deserves, and how she should be treated. She has consistently stood up for herself and her values whether it be about her sexuality or motivation for being The Bachelorette. Her serious intentions for the outcome of this season were displayed from the first night when she immediately eliminated Scott because of his lack of commitment to the process.

Although I would not make all the same choices that Hannah has made, I respect her position. She has received criticism for her ongoing relationship with Luke, who has been positioned as this season's "villain." However, she has strongly stood behind her decision to support him and taught viewers that everyone has the right to follow their heart. At the end of the day, she is absolutely right and the credibility she has built for herself has driven fans to respect her decisions.

I hope Hannah has served as an example for future bachelorettes, and we can continue seeing strong women in this role for seasons to come.