Let's End The Debate: Pineapple On Pizza

Let me live.

45
Pexels.com

If you are a fellow Hawaiian Pizza enthusiast, you feel my pain.

We are the brunt of every joke. Our pizza preference is constantly used against us in the form of comebacks and roasts. And let's not forget the countless memes, videos, and blog posts about the questionable sanity of pineapple pizza topping fans.

Well, I am here to tell you that I LOVE pineapple on my pizza and am also perfectly sane. Let's put an end to the debate.

Pineapple is the perfect sweet touch to add dimension to generic pizza. The contrast between refreshing fruit and hot cheese is unmatched, not to mention, humans naturally crave sweet tastes, which often compliment salty tastes which are present in the sodium found in tomato sauce. The savory taste of sweet and salty snacks is historically known for being AMAZING. Major companies such as Mars have even embraced this scientifically proven trend by promoting products such as Pretzel M&M's. Along with more mainstream examples of sweet and salty pairings, there are countless other examples that support my point.

Ice cream and french fries. Pretzel M&Ms. Chocolate and popcorn. Peanut butter and pretzels. Pineapple and pizza.

All it boils down to is our exceptional taste buds and advanced palate. Hawaiian pizza fans recognize the powerful play on sweet and salty flavors present in the contrast between fruit and tomato sauce. In conclusion, it is perfectly acceptable to enjoy a hot slice of pizza topped with refreshing pineapple.

Mic. Drop.