5 YA Mysteries To Sweep You Away

5 YA Mysteries To Sweep You Away

Need to get away from the stress of everyday life? Check out these mysteries to transport you to a new world!

56
5 YA Mysteries To Sweep You Away

Need a break a from a stressful school day, but tired of scrolling through social media? Books are a great way to entertain yourself when you just want to get away from it all. Check out these great books to whisk you away from your mundane routine and into a new world! But fair warning, these mysteries are hard to put down once you start!

1. "Chasing Vermeer" — Blue Balliett

Set in Hyde Park, this mysterious story follows Petra Andalee and Calder Pillay on a quest to find out who stole a famous Vermeer painting, A Lady In Writing. The connections in this book are incredibly well-thought out and connect to the final climax of the plot. This is a great read (and re-read!) for those who love mysteries and murky plots that are solved miraculously. And in case you love this book, it is a part of a trilogy!

2. "Double Identity" — Margaret Peterson Haddix

Following Bethany, a 13-year-old teenager who recently moves into her aunt's house, the story begins when she overhears her parents and aunt discussing someone named "Elizabeth." Throughout the novel, Bethany learns more about Elizabeth and how similar their looks, tastes, and interests are. The plot thickens as she uncovers a scandal about her parents' past and it changes her life forever. This book is definitely recommended for those who need a breath of fresh air away from their own lives!

3. "Paper Towns" — John Green

Having an identity crisis? Green's "Paper Towns" is the story of Quentin and his neighbor Margo. He's always liked her from a distance, but when she leaves forever, it's up to him to bring her back. In the process, Quentin learns more about himself and yet loses himself while trying to understand who the real Margo is. This novel is mysterious at every turn and is definitely going to keep you from putting it down!

4. "Dangerous Girls" — Abigail Haas

During the spring break of their senior year, Anna, her boyfriend Tate and her best friend Elise have planned a trip, which ultimately goes haywire when Anna is blamed for Elise's murder. The story follows Anna trying to disprove the accusations of murdering Elise, and yet, she learns more about her friendships and what it really means to tell the truth. Check out this mystery if you want a new spin on classic murder mysteries!

5. "A Wrinkle in Time" — Madeleine L'Engle

"A Wrinkle in Time" is the story of Meg Murray, her genius family, her magically mysterious neighbors and their quest to save their father from a foreign world. The entire plot is a wild ride as it combines science fiction with quantum physics and complements it with the everyday struggles of a high-school girl trying to fit in. This novel has an exciting film coming out in 2018, so definitely read it before the movie is released!