Writing is My Getaway

Writing is My Getaway

These stories are saving me.

14
Writing is My Getaway

Ever since I was in the fifth grade, I knew that writing would be my passion. My dad used to tell me stories which had inspired me to create my own, and I have not stopped since.

Writing for me has been a getaway for as long as I can remember. When I'm feeling down, angry, or anything other than happiness, I turn to writing as a coping mechanism. I'm not much of a poet, but I love to write stories and letters. I used to write songs when I was younger, but I kind of grew out of that.

I have been writing my own stories for years ranging from romance to horror, and sometimes even both in one. Most of my stories come from dreams I've had, real life experiences, or just situations I make up in my head. I can definitely say that I have been blessed with the gift of creativity.

If I wasn't a writer, I'm not sure I would be here as long as I have been. Writing has helped me in so many ways, and as odd as it may sound, it has saved my life a few times.

Everyone is given a gift; whether you know it from birth, or if you learn it as you grow. And even if you don't know your gift now, it will come to you. You just need to be patient.