What Odyssey Has Taught Me

What Odyssey Has Taught Me

Find your opportunities and seize them!

65
What Odyssey Has Taught Me
https://unsplash.com/photos/G1iYCeCW2EI

We all have passions. A passion to be a doctor or an actor or an author. But those all take time and don't happen overnight and everyone has to start from the beginning; just like the saying, "Even an expert was once a beginner."

And there are those who have passions, but enjoy such zeal on a side during their free time.

Journaling is a sideline that I enjoy because it allows me to process my thoughts and feelings, and gives me the ability to maximize more positive reframing options in my day, week, or season of life.

I let this leisure activity be taken to the next level when I came across the idea of writing articles for the Odyssey. Little did I know of what I was really getting myself into before I had my interview. I thought the Odyssey would take give me topics to write and would only be published upon preference, but it was the opposite.

The beauty of Odyssey is that us writers are the creators. We create our topics and we share our stories and those who care follow your posts. Though I was hesitant at first, I decided to look at this as an opportunity to grow regardless of the outcome that is decided by publicity.

Do I regret it?

It was by far one of the sensible decisions I've made because this limitless platform taught me to reward creativity as well as to continually improve. I have the chance to hone my skills from professional editors and access a community of like-minded perspectives. Outside of improving my writing skills, I learned social media and audience development tactics along with just getting to have fun.

So to all those who want to step up in their passions or are even in their journey of finding what they love to do, whether it's big or small, I say take your opportunities and learn from them. You never know what more you could learn if you don't miss out and remember, opportunities don't last forever.