How To Deal With Writer's Block

How To Deal With Writer's Block

Suggestion 1: Take a nap!
52

Sometimes you just can't figure out what to write about! Whether it be an Odyssey article or an essay for school, sometimes your mind just doesn't want to think and your fingers don't want to type. But for writing an Odyssey article, here are a few tips on how to help with that writer's block.

First, take a nap! I am the queen of naps and I have to say that after a good and long nap, you will feel refreshed and maybe some inspiration will come your way! You could even write about a dream you may have had or something that has been on your mind.

Second, think about writing about real-life situations. What is going on in the world whether it be news, sports, problems in your local area. People want to hear about real things and real opinions. A great thing about Odyssey is that you have creative freedom and can take any stance you want about issues you may want to write about.

Thirdly, think about all of the things you love and write about that. This could also create a great listicle piece. I recently write about Lululemon because I love their products. You could write about your favorite Hulu or Netflix shows, your college campus, your favorite restaurants or food and so much more!

Hopefully these are some helpful tips to help you think about what to write about when you're struggling with writer's block!