This Is The Thought Process Behind Writer's Block

Sometimes, writer's block leads you to some valuable lessons about life and Muppets.

38
Unsplash

I begin today's work with a sandwich and an iced black tea with coconut syrup (SO good).

I watch several videos on Instagram of how to properly contour using kitchen cutlery.

I hang out with some fantastic human beings discussing Muppets, movies, and other mayhem. Who is better: Kermit or Miss Piggy?

Finally, I sit down to write the article that, for some reason, I have been avoiding this week.

Don't get me wrong; I love to write! I look forward to creating articles each week because I get to share what's on my mind and in my heart, but sometimes, I don't know what to share. Before I started writing on this topic, I began five (FIVE) other articles that any other day could be fantastic but today would not come into existence.

I respond to a Snapchat.

I don't like to admit this, but I don't always want to do what I love. There are days where I don't want to put in the work that my passions require, whether it be writing for my community or memorizing lines for future performances. I love the end results of having people read and see my work, but I want the good stuff without the hard stuff getting in the way.

I get distracted by a Facebook message.

I am an easily distracted person; you will probably get the same result from showing me a ridiculous Vine that you would from waving a treat in front of a dog; I lose sight of what I am currently working on, and I fall from whatever path I trod.

We can all easily get distracted by the task at hand; in a world filled with flashing signs that point every way but our way, we lose sight of the narrow, abandoned road on which we find our purpose. What we want will not always be easy to reach. That's what makes the journey worthwhile, though, because we know what lies at the end!

Oops, I get distracted again (and in the middle of a good thought, too!). I read an article about how the donations to the NRA have tripled since the school shooting in Parkland, Florida.

Does this hope sound familiar?

The Christian's walk on this earth is not promised to be easy; in fact, in 1 Peter 4, Peter says this:

"Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you."

We will go through trials and tribulations here; it's the sucky part of this being a sinful world. The good news? We have a beautiful hope in the form of Jesus' return. We know that Him coming back means that our suffering is done. No more distractions. No more temptations. Only a joyous eternity spent with our Savior.

Here is our mission: we run. We run this race with endurance like it says in Hebrews 12:1. We will definitely get tired, and several times, we may want to walk, crawl, or even stop. Nevertheless, we remember what waits for us at the end of the race, and we know that Jesus has already run this same race during His time here. He knows our struggles.He is with us every step.

Whether you are working on a final project, building up your resume, or just trying to write an article, run with endurance. That means that you continue doing your best even when you want to give in to that temptation to walk. Keep running!

And while you're running, come to a definitive answer on who makes the better Muppet: Kermit or Miss Piggy? I'm sure you know what mine is.