18 Things About You That Are Worth More Than Your Grades

A "C" or a low GPA does not define you.
226

For as long as I can remember, I've always overheard people struggling with measuring their value and worth based on their grades. Sometimes, I have struggled with it myself. I still remember the D- I got on my fractions test in fourth grade. Why? Because I thought it was the end of the world and I was going to fail math forever. Clearly, I didn't (I ended up getting a B+ that semester) and here I am in college.

As a matter of fact, though, as I'm writing this article, I am struggling with the fact that I got a 76 percent on my anatomical kinesiology exam this week.

I know that a C isn't "bad" -- it is average. I know my score was well above the student that got the 22 percent. So for those of you who have the same problem, I'm going to tell you the things that I need to start telling myself more. You are worth more than your grades.

1. You are compassionate.

2. You are loving.

3. You are hilarious.

4. You are beautiful.

5. You are loyal.

6. You are considerate.

7. You are a hard worker.
8. You are one amazing friend.

9. You are generous.

10. You are practical.

11. You are trustworthy.

12. You are sincere.

13. You are charismatic.

14. You are resourceful.

15. You are ambitious.

16. You are passionate.

17. You are adventurous.

18. You are selfless.

Changing your self-image doesn't happen overnight. I'm probably still going to think that the next C I get isn't good, but I do know it is not what defines me. There are so many wonderful things that other people admire about you. You are worth more than your grades.