It's been said that "grandparent's make the world a little softer, a little kinder, and a little warmer." After being blessed enough to have had my wonderful grandparents around for my entire nineteen years of existence, I can say that quote is completely true. There is no greater blessing in this entire world than a grandparent. Their warmth, love and presence is always felt, no matter if they are in heaven or here on earth, because of the immense love that they have for their grandchildren.

A world without grandparents would be a world without a lot of love and kindness. I can feel my grandparents love for me every time I talk to them or think of them. They are two of the most kind people that I know. It would be a world without old fashioned charm that we are losing so quickly as it is. Without grandparents, no one would say hello to anyone in the store or even smile at them in public- they are keeping traditions alive that we can not afford to lose.

A world without grandparents would be a world without memories. I know I have some of the absolute best memories with mine, and I can always remember them as clear as day. My younger sister and I would beg to go shopping, not to buy anything, just to look around, and we'd load up into the car and head to Target. Usually, we would buy something that we knew we didn't need (like a random kiddie pool or tennis racket) and then return to their house and play with it in the back yard and laugh until we cried.

It would be a world without the yummiest of snacks, because grandparents sure do know how to grocery stop. We may all be about 10 pounds lighter without grandparents, but we surely would not be as happy. Thanksgivings and Christmases wouldn't be the same without grandma's best recipes, this is just a fact of life. The most special part about these recipes is that anyone in the family can make them, but they only taste just right when grandma does.

A world without grandparents would be a world lacking joy. My grandparents have always been some of the happiest people that I have ever known. Even if they did happen to get sad, all they would need to do is turn on some Frank Sinatra and sing for a little while.

Without a doubt, my life would not have been the same if I had grown up without these wonderful people in my world. I was lucky enough to grow up just a five minute drive from my grandparent's house, so that I could call them almost every day to come and pick me up. My grandma was involved in many things, but she would always tell me "I'm never too busy for you" and cancel her plans to hang out with me. My grandpa was always the fearless chauffeur, but that did not make him any less special. We had some of the best times talking about American history on the couch-- the comfiest couch that will ever exist.

Change is inevitable, but that does not mean that we are ever ready for it. Things for them both are extremely rocky right now, but neither of them are going to give up without a strong fight. I may not be the strongest person when it comes to dealing with the thought of the day that they aren't around anymore, but I am not willing to give up hope yet. All that I can do is pray that things will be okay in the end, and I know that they will be somehow. After all, that's what they would want me to do. I love you bunches, Gram and Pop.