3 Ways To Make Working Out With A Mask More Comfortable

3 Simple Steps That Make Working Out With A Face Mask SO Much Easier

If working out wasn't hard enough, we now have to do so with a mask on.

5140

Working out is already a strenuous activity. Especially if you're partaking in a cardio workout, you'll probably find yourself out of breath at some point! With the 2020 addition of a face mask, that heavy breathing is even more daunting than before. But that doesn't mean that working out with a face mask on has to be unbearable! Here is my advice for making your masked workout a little easier.

1. Take things slow at first

Adjusting to breathing with a mask on can be challenging, as I'm sure we can all understand.

I often find myself hyperventilating or feeling like I'm choking or suffocating when I'm going up a flight of stairs or running through the grocery store. Adjusting to mask life can be challenging, but it is so important to do what's right and wear your mask.

Take things slowly at first, especially when it comes to working out. Don't try to sprint your fastest right away. Take things slow and figure out what is most comfortable for you.

Some of my friends prefer cloth masks over medical ones and vice versa. Everyone is different and we may all have different feelings about what kind of mask works and feels better.

2. Don't breath too fast

I have found that the most helpful thing when it comes to working out with a mask on is to concentrate on my breathing and try to breathe as calmly and controlled as I possibly can. Obviously, that becomes challenging when you're doing a rigorous workout, but with practice, it will get more and more comfortable.

3. Take breaks

If you are really struggling, I recommend going somewhere you can take your mask off to regain control of your breathing. This might help you calm down, especially if you feel that you're choking on your mask.