Find Someone Who Makes The Long Distance Struggle Not Only Bearable But Enjoyable

It takes the right someone to be able to do long distance with

202

I have always heard so many stories about couples choosing to break up when they leave for college because they don't think they can handle the distance. I personally think this is beyond silly because if you truly love someone, nothing can get in your way.

My boyfriend and I have been dating for over a year now and we go to schools that are about 2 hours apart, but when we are at home for breaks we live about 4 hours apart. And it works perfectly. I'm not trying to say that long distance is easy because there are definitely times that I wish more than anything we went to the same school, but it all depends on who you are in a relationship with.

Like I said, my boyfriend and I have had a few issues because of the distance, but it really all comes down to miscommunication through texting. While texting in a long distance relationship seems like a wonderful idea, I would highly recommend keeping it limited and attempting to talk on the phone or FaceTime when you want to have a lengthy conversation. It is almost impossible for text messages to be interpreted perfectly when the majority of your communication relies on it, so it simply makes things easier to verbally communicate and ensure that everything is coming across as you or your significant other intended.

That being said, whether or not a long distance relationship is possible also heavily relies on the individuals involved in the relationship, and the quality of the relationship itself. In order to make your relationship work, you have to be 100% committed to each other and also committed to the effort of making a long-lasting relationship. It takes a special kind of person to be understanding of what the situation is because sometimes it's just not possible to see each other for a special day or occasion. And that is okay. It's important to remember that the distance is only temporary, so you have to ask yourself is the permanent reward worth the temporary struggle. If answering this question is difficult for you, you may want to sit down and have a talk with yourself and with your partner.

Find someone who makes the struggle not only bearable but enjoyable. And most importantly, don't forget to enjoy the memories you are making along the way.