Feeling Overwhelmed? You're Probably Just Working In Corporate America

Society may be pressuring us to live in lives where we can produce and profit from, but there’s a reason why they say that the best things in life come free.

68
Morgan Pierpont

Retail. Customer service. Engineering. Computer science.

Just to name off some of the most prominent fields people are working in.

These jobs are all necessary for society as they create our roadways and produce MANY needed items, clothing, websites (like the one I write on at this very moment), and the people of customer service do their best to help us when we call about our student loans.

But what about parts of life which won’t pay the bills, shouldn’t they be just as important?

What about enjoying this beautiful world around us?

What about interactions, meaningful interactions with other human beings?

What about taking time to decompress in a bubble bath with your favorite Pandora station helping you drift away to a serene place?

Today, America and much of the world is so fast paced. Everything is instant gratification and ‘must be completed now’ attitude. To take some time away from that culture and climb a mountain and look down at the terrain which you’ve just conquered, now that’s the beauty of life. Maybe that can be applied to life too — after the journey filled with struggles we can look back and see how much it helped to form us as people.

Don't forget — you're free to feel however you want and be whoever you want.

That’s the beauty of humanity — we all like different things & whether you are a ice cream connoisseur, master of all gym activities, love managing day to day tasks at your job, or have no idea what truly makes you happy yet — you deserve to take some time for YOU.

Heed this article with warning, I’m not saying you should up and quit your job because you suddenly see that there are so many other things that we can be enjoying, because ultimately we need money to pay our bills. But — we should remember to take some time to enjoy what really makes us happy, whatever that may be.

xo Morg