Working For Christ

Working For Christ

There's something good to be found in a mess.
96
“Work hard, but not just to please your masters when they are watching. As slaves of Christ, do the will of God with all your heart. Work with enthusiasm, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people” Ephesians 6:6

What is a job? Google says its “a paid position of regular employment.” Webster says a job is “a regular remunerative position.” I looked up remunerative too, it means “financially rewarding.”

So there you have it. A job is a financially rewarding position of regular employment.

Or so they say.

What if you hate your job and it doesn’t even pay enough to be rewarding? What do you do when you have no motivation when you work hard but no one seems to notice?

You quit, you quit thinking bad thoughts.

“But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded” 2 Chronicles 15:7

We go through highs and lows in life. But, every morning when the alarm goes off at five, does it feel like a low? You feel like you have no control, you’re running as fast as you can and getting nowhere. When you never answer the “how was your day” question with something other than “it was okay I guess,” then there’s a problem. You need perspective, you need to think like God.

You are valuable because you exist. Not because of what you do or what you have done, but simply because you are. –Max Lucado

God gives you life. He is the reason for every good thing. Wake up whenever that alarm goes off and thank Him for giving you another day. So you hate your job, but don’t you think He put you in that job for a reason?

I hated the fact that I had to live in Ohio for my junior year of high school. But I met some really great people there. I hated having to work the late shift for my last job, but every night I drove home and listened to Dave Ramsey. I learned a lot about personal finances and in retrospect, I enjoyed having that alone time.

There’s always something good to be found in a mess. Don’t complain and outwardly show that you hate your circumstances. It’s insulting to God because it’s you refusing to be content with what He has given you. Think of the man who has worked in a factory his whole life. Think of the woman who works multiple jobs just to pay the bills. Never think too highly of yourself, its easy to forget that.

“The work is too heavy for you; you cannot handle it alone” Exodus 18:18

Your first job out of college might not be what you had in mind. It's only a small part of your life, there is so much more than what you see. God has a plan for your life. Trust Him.

"May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us— yes, establish the work of our hands" Psalm 90:17