You Are A Work In Progress

You Are A Work In Progress

Progress makes perfect.

10

In life, we always wonder what's next. We always question who we are, when it's only us getting us getting stuck in our own heads. We debate ourselves at times, even when we don't immediately succeed at something. We freak ourselves out about who we are and why we do things the way we do. We get so caught up in these crazy little things that we forget that it's all just a part of life.

We get so obsessed with the past, and even the future,m that we forget about right now. We don't realize how much right now matters. Right now determines everything. Who we are, how we act, what we do, where we end up. It is in our decisions of each and every moment that impact everything. It sounds crazy, but everything you do impacts how you feel. Whether you end up proud, stressed, tired, or any other feelings you can think of off of the top of your head.

The big thing to realize is that with all this indecision, there is a benefit of sorts. You're questioning things about yourself, not because you're insecure per se, but instead because you want to be the best you possible. Instead of just letting everything deteriorate, you want to be better than you were yesterday and the day before. Don't be fooled into thinking there isn't room for improvement, because there always is. Don't burden yourself with it, but be aware of the importance of it.

We all have those moments. Those moments where we're hypothetically at the end of our rope. It seems too hard to go on, but we find a way. Despite this struggle, we find a reason to keep going. They very pressure we experience because of these moments is how we find our strength and our motivation. The feeling of this strain is just a feeling of progress. It would be weird if we worked towards something and never felt anything. If you never felt anything, you wouldn't want to keep doing it. You'd lose interest because it's not making you feel anything. Everything in life has ups and downs, so it comes with the territory.

We all do our best. We certainly try and there are debatable moments and certain feelings that you can't change. Some things aren't meant to be changed. Some things are meant to remain because without them you wouldn't be you, so you gotta ask yourself "Do I want to be exactly perfect or do I want to be uniquely realistic?" Not to tip the scales, but no one wants to deal with people who try to conform and be ordinary. It is those that take chances and truly find themselves who are the people who are influencing and changing the world for the better.

These people show everyone that you don't have to be what everyone wants you to be. Even so, people will always have an opinion of you, whether that be positive or negative. So, if they'll always have something to say, let them say it. It's in their head, not yours. If they can get into your head, then you're doing something right. Regardless, be who you want to be, not who they want you to be.

Keep making progress and making a difference by being you, it's one ability you're born with, so don't waste it.

You are a work in progress. I am a work in progress. We are all a work in progress.