A Word On All The Hate In America

A Word On All The Hate In America

Hate in our country has gone too far and it's time to put an end to it.

27
A Word On All The Hate In America
CNN

Hate. It's something that has been part of the human race since the beginning of time. Christians were victims of hate crimes in the early Roman Empire. Jews were victims of hate crimes during the Hitler regime. And we like to think that all these hate crimes are far behind us and left in the past. But now more than ever this simply isn't true. In the very country that we call home, in the very US of A, we see people hating on others simply for the color of their skin, religion and a plethora of other reasons that sometimes make me sad to think that I am part of a culture that condones such hatred.What makes it even more terrifying and sad is that hate is taught. It is not an inherent trait that we all born with. We are not born to hate someone for the amount of pigment in their skin or the type of religion that they grew up with or the gender that they identify with. As I'm sure you have seen, babies love almost everyone in their sight. It is not until they grow up and see hate around them that they, too, learn to fall victim to hate. And that little spark turns into a fire as we grow up, get older, and see more hate and violence around us. Some of us go so far as to join hate groups like those in Charlottesville not too long ago.

Whether you are a part of the KKK, Neo-Nazi group or whatever hate group you feel suits your fancy, I want to ask you a question: why? Why do you find the need to spread such hate and violence in your very own country? Is it really someone else's fault that they have a different skin tone than you, that they are a different religion than you, or that they identify with a gender that you don't approve of? Just let people do their thing. Stop making people live in fear in their own hometown and feel like nowhere is safe. It is thanks to you and your hate groups that some people are too scared to leave their homes. Is this really what you want to say you've accomplished in life: making everyone live in a constant state of fear? I respect your right to freedom of speech and freedom to assemble, but what I don't understand is your tendency to spread violence wherever and whenever you happen to assemble. I urge you to learn what it is to love instead of hate. We were all put on this planet to make it a better place, not one made up on a basis of hate and violence.

And for everyone else out there trying to show the world that love will always win, keep doing what you're doing. Your light will always shine in the darkness. Teach your children what it is to love and teach them what it means to love and accept those who may be different from them. Differences are good and without them, there would be no growth or diversity in this country. Let everyone you interact with see your loving light shine through and know that they have an ally against hate in you. Stand up for what you believe in, but make sure it is always in a peaceful and respectful way. Let's show this country what it's like to love and show that hate will not be tolerated because hate has already gone too far. Together we can make the change that needs to happen and stop the hate that has already run so rampant in our country.