Let's Normalize Female Body Hair On Women

The Expectation That Women Need To Shave Is Totally Antiquated — Let's Normalize Female Body Hair

Who says we need to?

24
Yamily Santana

I believe that shaving has become something that women feel like they need to do because of society.

For example, summer is coming up, and the novel coronavirus is kicking, so why do females feel like they need to lose weight to fit in on their bikinis and show off their whole hairless bodies?

Shave your legs if you want to. I shave them if I want to not because someone is going to look at me and not because someone feels that it will make me look better. Let's normalize body hair not only on men but on women too.

Let's be empowered by our bodies like the best women's studies professor that I had, Meredith Field at Penn State, told me once.

That wonderful woman showed me and taught me many things about feminism. It is so precious how someone can teach you so much about life that you think you know, but you get more enlightened. Body hair is always seen as an issue for women, but let's normalize who you want to be, not because of what people tell you, so live your truth.

Why are people so afraid about living their life and being judged by others? Live your life and be able to feel liberated with your body and soul. When you live your life, you genuinely want to see a change within yourself.

That is the whole purpose of growing up and being able to make a change, speak, and defend yourself. Sometimes I do this, and I try to reflect on my actions and say what I could've done differently.

I believe, as a woman, I always find myself judging my actions.

If men had the same ability to reflect on the wrong things they did, we would all be in a world where we had less sexual harassment and sexual assault.

I want to take a moment and say that what is happening in the world is disappointing and horrible, but we need to take the time and reflect on how we can do better and stop defending the wrong things you do.

Make a mistake, but try not to make it again and become a better person than you were yesterday.

Body hair, weight, gender, and all the other factors that are part of society are ways to divide us, but we should not let it. Learning and accepting ourselves is the goal always. Be patient and be kind honestly; never let anger or judging someone for their appearance make you feel like you are better because you are not.

Making fun of someone for something that they cannot control makes you a close-minded person. We want to be more reliable, and we want to be able to make a difference.

I'm going to leave you with honesty. If you don't love yourself, don't expect someone to love you. Trust yourself and try new things; never keep yourself shut in a box.

EXPAND. LIVE. CREATE.