We're All women, so why aren't we all on the same side?

Let's make this not only a man's world but a woman's world, too.

344

What does it mean to be a woman? Is there really a correct answer, or a right way to be a woman?

Of course, there's not. Being a woman means something different to every woman on the planet. Some may say that women are meant to stay at home to cook and clean, while others say women have every right to go out and be just as successful as any man. Some may say a million things in between.

Whatever it is, women should be able to be and do whatever it is they want, without any backlash.

Women go through a lot of crap in their lifetime. I'm only twenty years old and I already know that to be true. Women go through one hardship after another, and you'd think men would have a hand in doing so, but that isn't always the case.

Unfortunately, we can't just blame all of a woman's problems on men, although sometimes it can be much easier to do so. Sometimes, women themselves are a huge reason why other women struggle so much throughout their lifetime.

Like I said, I'm only twenty. But going through middle school, high school, and half of college has shown me just how mean some girls can be.

There are girls who watch your every move and wait for you to slip up so they can move forward while you move back. There are girls who are so hideously jealous that they go out of their way to make other girls feel bad about themselves. There are even girls who seem to be mean just for the hell of it.

Women are already pretty low on the totem pole, so why do other women constantly keep pushing each other even lower? Women should be pushing each other up to new heights instead of tearing each other down. We should be happy for each other when we do well and support the decisions we make.

I know it isn't easy. Sometimes it's hard to appreciate other women because they can be seen as competition, or you may constantly compare how you look to how they look. You may even wish that you had everything they do.

But I promise you will feel so much better when you put those differences aside and begin to see that we are all on the same side.

Being you is the best possible thing you could ever do with your life, and being PROUD of being you is even better. Being a woman can mean different things for everyone, but women in today's world need to start supporting each other more now than ever.

We are all in this together and are most certainly in it for the long haul.

At the end of the day, we are all the same. We're just trying to make the best of being put into what is without a doubt a man's world, and constantly nagging at each other makes that much harder to do.

So, teach your daughters to choose kindness rather than hate. Teach your sons to appreciate the women they have in their lives. Teach yourself to support other women in the world, whether you agree or disagree with what they are doing.

Let's learn to respect one another. Let's hope that one day we can all be the strong woman we dream of becoming, and let's support each other endlessly until that comes true.

Girls compete with each other. Women empower each other. So, let's start by doing that and hope that it will start a chain reaction. This world could use a few more women who have the ability to kick ass, and that all starts with some support, so get moving, ladies.

It's up to you.