4 Women Who Would Make A Better President Than Oprah

Only one person can be the first female president; we need the right woman for the job.

98
Facebook | Elizabeth Warren

Since the 2008 election season, when Hillary launched her first presidential campaign, America has been speculating who the first female president will be or, more importantly, should be. Recently, two women have come into the spotlight as potential contenders.

Amid the release of “Fire and Fury” — in which it was revealed that Ivanka Trump had aspirations of becoming the first female president — and the social media wildfire reaction to Oprah’s Golden Globes speech, there have been many calls for the two women to run in 2020, among others.

But, regardless of political affiliation, neither of these women are good candidates for president.

The person to come in and clean up the mess made by having an under-qualified celebrity as president should not be another under-qualified celebrity.

With that said, here are four super qualified women who you could support as presidential candidates in 2020, instead.

1. Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA)

Kamala Harris, California born and raised, is a graduate of Howard University, and UC Hastings's Law School. She served seven years as the District Attorney of San Fransisco, six as the Attorney General of California, and recently took office as Senator.

Positional run-down: pro-choice, against the death penalty, pro-gun control, and strong supporter of DACA.

2. Former First Lady Michelle Obama

No stranger to the White House or what goes on inside, Michelle Obama has experience inside and outside the capitol when it comes to politics. Her background is primarily in public planning and education, but since the beginning of her husband's first campaign, she has been strongly involved in political issues.

Positional run-down: supporter of women's rights and equal pay, pro-arts education, pro-LGBT rights, and strong advocate for veterans.

3. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley

The youngest and most conservative of this list, Nikki Haley has a strong background in politics; she served as a house member for South Carolina's 87th district for six years, followed by six years serving as the state's governor, and is the current US Ambassador to the United Nations.

Positional run-down: against bathroom legislation, strong supporter of Israel, pro-voter ID laws, and pro-death penalty.

4. Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA)

And lastly, many a young person's top pick for president: Senator Elizabeth Warren. Previously a member of the republican party, Warren is now the vice chair of the democratic caucus in the Senate as well as senator of Massachusetts. Warren was a strong supporter of Hillary Clinton during the 2016 election.

Positional run-down: pro-DREAM Act, pro-choice, supporter of Israel, supports lower interest rates for students.