Don't tell me that women are equal to men in 2019. Women can't go for a walk or run outside without being catcalled, watched, or followed by a man.

Don't tell me that women are equal to men in 2019. Women have to raise their voices twice as loud as a man to be heard.

Don't tell me that women are equal to men in 2019. Women fear being murdered or raped or kidnapped by a man if they are alone somewhere.

Don't tell me that women are equal to men in 2019. Women are constantly oversexualized, regardless of what they are wearing or doing.

Don't tell me that women are equal to men in 2019. The only time women aren't approached by a man is when they are accompanied by a man.

Don't tell me that women are equal to men in 2019. Women are still being told that it's their responsibility to bring pepper spray or a knife for protection.

Don't tell me that women are equal to men in 2019. Women are called sluts if they sleep with (what people deem as) "too many" partners, while men are praised.

Don't tell me that women are equal to men in 2019. Women who come out with their stories of assault are still being blamed for what happened to them.

Don't tell me that women are equal to men in 2019. Women are afraid of men getting aggressive/violent if they turn them down.

Don't tell me that women are equal to men in 2019. Women are afraid of being hurt if they try to leave an abusive relationship with a man.

Don't tell me that women are equal to men in 2019. The vast majority of us have stories about physical or emotional trauma caused by men.

Don't tell me that women are equal to men in 2019. Men like Brock Turner receive mercy in the form of reduced sentences for the vile acts that they commit. But the damage they've done to the women they've harmed leaves permanent, irreparable scars.

Don't tell me that women are equal to men in 2019.