Women shaming

Ladies, We Need To Stop Women Shaming

Mom shaming, slut shaming it's all the same, it's bullying plain and simple

135
Ladies, We Need To Stop Women Shaming
https://unsplash.com/photos/rNBYe4QlAIQ

It's 2018 and we as females are all about girl power and coming together as one. But the problem is, we are still shaming each other. You see in the news where women are coming out against men for harassment. But what we are not saying or seeing is that we are doing the same thing.

I have seen so many articles and posts about women shaming women for what they are wearing, what their makeup looks like, what their sexuality is and how they raise their kids. We are even shaming moms for breastfeeding their babies and this comes more from women than men.

So why are we just speaking out against men and not other women? Women think it's okay to shame other women and men. I watched a youtube video where a talk show host shamed Vin Diesel for not being in great shape at one point, this is wrong, it's wrong when men do it and its wrong when we do it. we are hypocrites if we think its ok.

And the way we are shaming each other seems like it's a trend, and it's over a variety of things. And seeing this mainly on social media makes me sad because judging and insulting women are bullying. You are now a bully for shaming someone. Are we in middle school? No, we have grown adults that should know better.

Slut shaming is a type of shaming that is seen throughout all ages. Women do this to others who talk about the men they date or maybe they like to wear short or tight clothes. We call them sluts because we think all they want is attention. But it is none of our business what they wear or does in their personal life, who cares if she has a one night stand it's her life, she is a sexual being and enjoys it. She's not harming anyone.

instagram.com/na.ni4791/

Mom-shaming is another big one; I see this all the time on social media, coming from us normal women to celebrities like Kim Kardashian who was mom shamed for straightening her daughter's hair, and her sister Kylie was shammed for piercing her daughter's ears. Now I'm not a fan of the Kardashian's, but that is no reason to shame them. There was also a mom that was shamed on Facebook because her 18-month-old daughter was just in her diaper and cowgirl boots, women were saying that the little girl needed a shirt or a dress on because she was a girl. Again, this is none of our business.

Body image is a huge thing in today's society, and we as women say that we need to embrace our bodies and beauty, but we are still fat shaming, skinny shaming and other kids of body shaming.

Fat-shaming is more mainstream and people talk about it more than ever. Women have said you are too big to wear yoga pants or you shouldn't show your stomach because you don't have the body for it. And then it goes the other way when the woman is skinny and she is told to eat something or she has the body of a 10-year-old boy because she has no boobs. There is nothing okay about body shaming- no matter your size.

Women are shamed for pretty much anything they do that others find wrong. If they aren't doing it their way, then they need to be shamed for it on social media. In my personal experience, I have been told that I shouldn't wear a low cut shirt because I'm a mom and I need to be more conservative, I have gotten dirty looks from women because of a hairstyle I had or how I had my makeup that day.

We need to stop the woman on woman shaming no one is perfect or has the same thoughts.

instagram.com/be.body.positive_

There is no weight or shape of beauty. True beauty is when you are your true authentic self and stand tall and brave and have the confidence to rock a short pink haircut while wearing combat boots baggy jeans and a crop top.

Do you and be happy.