I thought I knew a lot when I was a high school senior, but even just within a couple of months, I learned so much about life after graduation. By the time you graduate, you have spent just about your whole life up to that point in a classroom. You’ve also been hearing “This is preparing you for college” from just about every teacher, and now that you’re actually going to be there, you start to wonder what else you are supposed to be preparing for. Remember when teachers kept saying, "when you get to real life?" College is just as real as the real life they’re talking about.
1. There’s so much more beyond high school.
2. It’s okay if you don’t put on makeup to go to class.
3. No, you’re not going to peak in high school.
4. Just because he is cute doesn’t make him worth your time.
5. Tell your best friends how much you value them more.
6. College is going to be awesome.
7. Yes, you’re readier for college than you think you are.
8. Drink more water. You’ll feel better.
9. It’s okay to take a mental health day.
10. Sometimes, you should just eat what you’re craving.
11. You can never cry too much.
12. College is going to suck sometimes.
13. AP Classes are not like college…they’re harder.
14. Call your mom on a regular basis.
15. Travel as much as you can.
16. Get your sleep.
17. Don’t procrastinate.
18. Your neighbors can hear you when you are belting out songs. You best be giving them a good show!
19. Your mom has the best advice.
20. Take a nap even though you think you should do homework.
21. Stay up late, but not on a school night if you don’t have to.
22. Cherish home-cooked meals.
23. Never, under any circumstances, pull an all-nighter.
24. Don't wait to go to the doctor.
The next four (or five) years are going to move faster than any other period of time you’ve ever experienced. Make the most of every moment. If you make mistakes, ask for forgiveness and move on. When you have great moments, remember them and push for more. You have so much life to live ahead of you!