Everything I Wish I Was Able To Tell My 15-Year-Old Self

You only have a fast metabolism for so long.

122
Gratisoraphy

To my 15-year-old self,

Stop taking life so seriously.

You're 15, you aren't expected to have the future planned out yet, and you aren't expected to know what you're going to do after high school.

Do NOT worry about the boy who broke your heart.

I wish every day that someone would have screamed this in my face until I listened. You are 15, it isn't that serious. Do not think for a second that any boy is worth getting so upset over that you cannot function.

Be sad, be frustrated, and be angry all you want, but do not let this feeling become so overwhelming that it is all you think about. Learn and grow from it.

Your grades matter.

I cannot stress this enough! No matter what anyone tells you, grades are so important. Work your ass off in high school. Your future self will thank you.

Go to that event.

Whether it be a football game, basketball game, or even a small assembly. One day I promise you will miss going to all of those things, and sitting in a room full of familiar faces. I know I would love to be sitting in the auditorium with my friends laughing about anything other than the assembly.

Thank your teachers.

Thank your teachers. Whether you like them or not, they want to see you succeed. They may care more than you, and that may annoy you now, but you will miss them when you are in college.

Be nice to your hair and skin.

Chill out on the makeup, and the flat iron. Throw your hair in a ponytail. Don't do your makeup for nothing. Your skin needs to breathe, and your hair would thank you for giving it a break. I'm still learning this.

Eat that.

You only have a fast metabolism for so long, take advantage of it. Eat the cookies, the fast food, or the ice cream.

Stop. Worrying.

Take time to actually be young.

Go out on school nights, stay up late, and enjoy the people around you. I wish someone would have told me this. You are only young once, and before you know it you are going to have a job and responsibilities.

Take advantage of every single second.