You Get To Eat Ice Cream For Dinner And Look Like A Chipmunk— Getting Wisdom Teeth Out Is Not So Bad

I can now live a relaxing, and wiser life, knowing another inevitable is over with.

78
Wikipedia

Since I was told I needed my wisdom teeth out, I always asked myself, “How long do I have?” Kind of like when someone gets cancer or a death sentence, I wanted to know when was the last possible chance I had to have this looming procedure. I never believed it was something you must have done, but the pain of the impacted teeth told me otherwise.

Definitely, do not wait to get your wisdom teeth removed, but do it when you feel you are ready—when you have time to.

I was incredibly worried, just like everyone else—who wants to get two hidden teeth ripped out of their mouth? Most people wait until they start to hurt, but as someone who is afraid of needles, I was more afraid of being sedated than I was of the actual procedure.

One thing that helped me in this process was the fact that I had time to decide when I wanted to do it. They tell you that you need to because it will impact the teeth you already have fixed through years of expanders, braces, and always having a piece of metal in your mouth, so I did not want to ruin my now straight teeth all because I wouldn’t get these wisdom teeth removed.

The frustrating thing is the reason why we need to do it. If they are wisdom teeth, why do I was to get rid of them? They say the older you get, the wiser you are, but how is that true without my wisdom teeth?

I HIGHLY suggest doing two at a time. The doctors tell you to do all four, but that means double the anesthesia and double the trouble when it comes to recovery.

My recovery has been so much more of a breeze than I thought, and it is because I have followed the instructions, and for some reason, I walked into the patient's room and sat in the chair without any fear. I scheduled the appointment; I was ready, and before I knew it, I was awake, laughing in a comfortable leather chair, understanding where all my wisdom had gone, for the time being.

This whole process is more uncomfortable because people wait until it is entirely the most inconvenient time and with excruciating pain. Just like their position in your mouth, knocking on the line of your perfect smile, it simply is a domino effect.

Maybe the reason why the world lacks wisdom is that it lacks wisdom teeth, or maybe science is right, and they are as useless as our appendixes. However, we might be biting off more than we can chew. This whole thing is more popular in the United States anyway.

Instead of being the wise guy I thought I could be, you should be the wise one and get them out as soon as you can. You will not regret the amount of ice cream you will eat, Netflix you will watch, and the long lasting pain relief that eventually comes.

I barely remember it; I am happy they are finally gone, and I got this haunting adult process over with. I can now live a relaxing, and wiser life, knowing another inevitable is over with. Plus, being a chipmunk for a few days isn't so bad after all.