10 Winter Date Spots In Michigan
Seasonal

10 Michigan Winter Wonderlands To Visit With Your Special Someone

At risk of sounding like a Tim Allen commercial...

99

Winter is not necessarily the most wonderful time of the year despite what songs may say. However, if you've got a special someone to share it with, its a great excuse for extra snuggling.

Staying inside, despite the warm, can get pretty boring though. There are lots of fun indoor date ideas for the winter but if you want to get out and enjoy maybe just one day or maybe you want to get away for a weekend or longer, I've got a few ideas for you.

So, at risk of sounding like a Tim Allen commercial, grab some hot chocolate and walk mitten in mitten as you explore the wonders of these winters wonderlands of Pure Michigan.

1. Muskegon Winter Sports Complex

Facebook

Muskegon Winter Sports Complex is a great place to go for all the outdoor snow and ice activities you could want. They've got a lighted, quarter mile skating trail perfect for a slow hand and hand skate through a scenic route.

2. Tahquamenon Falls  

Tahquamenon Falls is a gorgeous park to visit during all seasons. Its magnificent upper and lower falls are perfect for sightseeing and there are multiple forest trails perfect for long walks.

You can book a stay at the DNR website or stop by on a trip to the U.P.

3. Huron-Clinton Metroparks

Facebook

The Huron-Clinton Metroparks is made up of thirteen parks, that all total a coverage of 25,000+ acres throughout southeast Michigan. These locations include the counties of Livingston, Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw, and Wayne.

I grew up sledding down the hills of the Kensington location. What better way to build trust and cuddle close to your significant other than traveling at high speed down a snowy hill on a hard to control sled?!

Its bunches of fun and will definitely give you some fond memories.

4. Treetops Resort 

Facebook

Treetops Resort is located in the gorgeous northern city of Gaylord, MI. If you're looking for a weekend trip with your S.O. then consider this resort! Its got tons of winter outdoor activities to do, including some slopes.

Even if you're not looking to do sporty outdoor activities, take a visit to downtown Gaylord and browse the locally owned shops including the Alpine Chocolat Haus

5. Mackinaw City/Island 

Facebook

Mackinaw City and Island are such gorgeous destinations for any time of the year. Visit the Island for a nice quiet weekend or week-long vacation as it is the least busy time of the year. Or just peruse through the city and visit the surrounding parks.

6. Avalanche Bay 

Facebook

Looking for some indoor water park activity? Head to Avalanche Bay for some indoor fun with a winter theme.

You can still get those winter vibes while cozied up in a festive hotel room, catching a wave on the surf simulator, and hanging out in the pool or lazy river.

If you hate being away from the water during the winter, but love the winter, this is the place to be.

7.  Frankenmuth

Facebook

You'll find a true winter wonderland in the city of Frankenmuth with that small town, alpine vibe. And Christmas lovers will go crazy in the huge, all things Christmas store of Bronner's Christmas Wonderland.

With plenty of shops to check out, an indoor waterpark of their own, and Zehnder's chicken that is to die for, this city makes a perfect day, weekend, or weeklong getaway.

8. The Rink

Facebook

Located in Campus Martius Park, Detroit, The Rink, is a large ice-skating rink for everyone. So whether you're an experienced ice skater or first time ice skater, you and your S.O. will have a good time skating around, talking and having a good time.

And how cute is it to help one another learn if neither or one of you doesn't quite know how to stay upright on a pair of skates.

9. Detroit Zoo

Facebook

Wild Lights at the Detroit Zoo is perfect for a day trip with your special someone.

Not only do you get to see some beautiful creatures, but at night you'll get to awe at the beautiful light display.

10. Wayne County Lightfest

Facebook

The Wayne County Lightfest is great for a night time drive through a beautiful assortment of Christmas displays. You can stay in the warmth of your car while driving through several miles of Christmas lights and displays that'll surely get you in the holiday spirit