Fun Things To Do When The Winter Cold Traps You Indoors
Games

"My favorite thing about winter? When it's over."

332

The days are getting colder by the minute, and with the polar vortex threatening the month of February, it's hard to find things to do every day besides simply sitting around doing nothing. In order to combat this, I've come up with a list of activities that may be able to help with the boredom of winter and the awful cold weather.

One of the best things to do on a rainy, cold or gross day is watch movies. Get a group of friends together and pick out your favorite movie series or set of movies of a certain genre. Make popcorn, buy snacks and set up a comfy couch with blankets and pillows. It's an easy, inexpensive and fun way to spend the day with friends as well as enjoy your favorite movies together.

In relation to a movie day, you could have a game day. Whether you choose video games or board games, setting up a fun little gameday with your friends or family is a great way to spend the day inside. If you want to challenge yourself, you could choose games like "Monopoly" or "Scrabble" so you have to put a little more thought into it. Or, you could choose fun games like "Cards Against Humanity" or "Mario Kart" in order to feel more relaxed.

Another fun activity for a cold day is making crafts and decorations for your room or house. There are so many cute "do-it-yourself" projects on Pinterest, Google and YouTube. Painting canvases is a super easy and fun DIY project that doesn't take much effort but leaves a room looking completely re-done. You can easily find a new project for the day and create something to spice up your space. Along with that, it would also be fun to look up recipes on the same sites and learn about new foods. Whether you like to bake or cook, there are so many delicious recipes you can try.

The last set of activities is definitely relaxing and all about self-care. Sometimes, being at home all day for days on end can cause you to feel extremely lazy and all-around gross. Setting up a spa day in order to refresh yourself is something that's so easy and fun. Find a friend, buy a facemask and paint your nails. Feeling rejuvenated after weeks of cold weather can not only be a benefit for your skin but your mentality as well. In relation to that, if you want something a little more upbeat, you could always do an "at-home-workout," which can be found anywhere and everywhere on the web. Even if it's something as simple as a no-weight workout or some type of yoga, getting yourself up and moving is bound to make you feel a lot better about the past days of laziness.

The best part about all of these activities is that they're so versatile – you can do them with your friends, family or alone if you want. Whatever you choose to do inside on the cold days ahead, make it worth your while and be sure to do something that you enjoy.