I have been singing for as long as I can remember. I was shy growing up, but nothing could ever stop me from getting up on stage and belting out a choir solo or musical number in front of a crowd. I’ve performed in countless school and community theatre musicals and talent shows. If anyone asked me as a child “what do you want to be when you grow up,” my answer was always that I wanted to be a singer. I begged my parents to take me to auditions for "American Idol" as a kid, and I’ll admit, I was a little emotional this past year watching the final season knowing I never had my chance.

Although I am now what is considered “grown up,” I still fantasize about what it would be like to perform for crowds or go on tour across the world. I know that it will probably never happen, but I cannot say it never crosses my mind. But now, I am working towards new and different dreams. I am going into my junior year of college, and have hopes of earning my master's degree when I’m finished. I want to travel the world. I have a lot of different ideas for a career someday, some of them being a writer, editor or counselor. I don’t quite know where this world is going to take me, but I do know that I will always be a dreamer. My dreams are going to continue to change with me, but I will never quit chasing them.

And while I know that the chances of me being a famous singer are one in a million, I will never stop doing what I love most. I will never stop auditioning for shows or singing. And my dream will always be there, along with my more mature, realistic dreams. So for all of your reading this who have a head full of dreams just like me, here is my advice to you:

Never stop dreaming. No matter how old you are, or how many people tell you that you cannot do something or be someone, don’t listen to them. Block them out. Prove them wrong. Keep working towards your dreams, you never know if they may come true. Happiness in this crazy world is rare, so when you find something that makes you happy, never ever stop doing it.

My YouTube Channel