Will MSU Be Top 10? Or Maybe Even Top 5?

Will this team show the world what they are made of?

37
https://www.pexels.com/photo/kigoa-football-on-green-grass-during-daytime-209956/
Pexels.com

Game days are finally here! When game days start, we know what that means. Rankings are here, and we can't wait to see where we will stand at the end. As Mississippi State begins the season, as of right now we are 3-0. The question for football fans being, what we will rank in the end? Will we be top 10? Or maybe even top 5?

During last year's season, the coach at the time, Dan Mullen, had speculations about him leaving for another team. Throughout the year those speculations were shot down by Mullen. Even after all the rumors were shot down, Mullen packed his bags and left Mississippi State for Florida State, following the loss between MSU and Ole Miss at the Egg Bowl. Following the betrayal of the former coach, the new coach was found, Joe Moorhead.

The first game being against Stephen F. Austin and Moorhead gets to show what he has done with the team. As the news struck that our starting quarterback, Nick Fitzgerald, won't be able to play due to certain circumstances. Our sophomore quarterback, Keytaon Thompson, stepping in to save the game. The final score being 63-3, Bulldogs taking the win. Students here at MSU had something to say about the new coach and what he will do for this team.

"With Moorhead holding our players at a "championship standard," I think we have potential being a top 10 or even a top 5 team. We already saw how Moorhead was willing to take out Fitzgerald on the season opener of the season, I think with his coaching, our boys will be in the best shape physically and mentally that they've been in at their time at MSU."

Following the first game, the team went to Kansas State for the first away game of the season. This time, Fitzgerald would be returning to the field. The final score being 31-10. The last game MSU played was LA-Lafayette, the Bulldogs also bring home the win with the score of 56-10. The next game is an away game, but once the team returns we would be facing Florida State on our turf. Students have voiced their opinions on what the thing will happen during this game.

"I know under the Mullen administration it was VERY emotionally driven. Like if we lost a game it was a rough week at the facility. This coach seems to be more level-headed. Mullen was gone long before he left. I feel like the boys honestly feel betrayed so they're going to be more willing to show Mullen that he left so much potential and drive behind to go to a school that's literally sucking."

The team, working as hard as they can to show their best attributes during these past few games. Will they keep up their winning streak? Will they prove to Mullen that he left when he had so much potential to work with? Will they be able to pull up the ranking for the team? When fellow students on campus were given a poll between top 10 or 5, more students voted that our team would end up in the top 10. I guess as the season goes on we will see what unfolds for our team. Hail State!